Senior Lecturer in Millinery
About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
Chelsea Centre for the Creative Industries is looking to appoint a 0.4 Senior Lecturer for Millinery who will be responsible for leading on the BTEC HNC in Millinery and BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Millinery. This will involve designing the delivery of the course and mapping this across the academic year, writing the briefs, assessment, tracking of grades and liaising with the Subject Lead and other staff members around the quality assurance.
You will have a relevant undergraduate degree and teaching qualification and have confidence of teaching in Higher education as well as further education including 16-19 study programmes. You will have the ability to deliver a high-quality learner experience and contemporary industry relevant practice. You will be excited by the opportunity to collaborate with a community for creative learning and part of an exciting future for the centre.
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. At Morley College London, we provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea. The Chelsea Centre becoming a leading institution for skills education in the Creative Arts and Industries as well as addressing the essential skills needs of the local community.
Morley College London aims to have a workforce that is as reflective of the diverse population that it serves. The College particularly encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities and disabled people who are currently under-represented within the College at this level.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please see the information below.
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2022 at 10.00 am
Interviews taking place on: 9th - 13th June 2022
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.