Moving and Handling Facilitator
You will ensure the training and competence of Support Officers within the areas of Complex Needs / Personal care, feeding and administration of rescue medicines.
Promote inclusion and acceptance of all working toward the ethos that Every Tutor is a Tutor of SEND.
Ensure safety, by carrying out visual checks on equipment relating to the personal care of students e.g. ceiling and manual hoists and reporting concerns to campus management to facilitate repairs.
Encourage self-esteem and independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
Train and assess Support Officers` competency around the delivery of personal care, feeding, and support with moving and travelling around College and devise training and action plans around this to ensure development of staff
- Moving & Handling and transferring techniques for facilitator training
- Rescue medication training.
- Training relating to complex needs feeding.
- Significant experience in supporting students with complex needs in FE.
- Recent relevant experience of working with adults with Learning Difficulties / Disabilities.
- Experience of training/monitoring and supporting staff to deliver personal care / feeding.
- Understanding of and experience of working towards the Graduated Approach of: Assess, Plan, Do and Review.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Solution focused; able to problem solve on a day to day basis.
This is a very important role.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says: “This is a very important appointment, the Additional Learning Support Department is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their profession, are committed to providing high quality support to students, colleagues and the wider college. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love the learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Stephanie Firth, Head of Additional Learning Support, says “This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in training and supporting colleagues to deliver support and personal care in a safe and person centred way”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
The closing date for this vacancy is 27th May 2022
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.