Apprentice Teacher - Applied Science (APP305)
Fixed Term Contract - 2 years
WHAT WE DO
Applied Science has a vision to pioneer STEM provision across the West Yorkshire region and as such offers a wide provision of courses, including BTEC and Access courses and the new T Level course.
We are a large team of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff to ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to come and join our academic team in the delivery of both the BTEC and Adult provision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Over a two-year apprenticeship, you will learn to become an outstanding teacher, whose main duties will include:
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course and track and monitor progress against these.
- Responsible for recording student progress and supporting students to achieve targets.
- Delivery of a minimum of 100 teaching hours over the two year period.
Within the department you will:
- Plan learning to meet programme requirements and deliver learning outcomes in a realistic context.
- Ensure that learning activities are authentic in relation to workplace practice Encourage learners to develop autonomy and resilience, personal and interpersonal effectiveness, social awareness and respect for others and essential employability skills.
- Develop and employ assessment activities for identified modules.
- Design and deliver learning sessions and activities that develop the mathematics and English skills necessary for vocational achievement.
- Actively engage and inspire all learners and encourage them to set challenging goals.
- Use digital and mobile technologies in ways that are safe and support effective learning.
- Access to up-to-date information, advice and guidance to support individualised learning.
- Refer to the initial and diagnostic assessment of learners’ needs obtained at the start of and throughout the learner’s journey to enhance individualised learning.
- Provide regular 360° feedback that empowers learners in their own development.
- Use the outcomes of regular formative assessment to update individual learning plans.
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues and professionals to support individual action plans and facilitate individualised learning.
- Quality assures outcomes for learners through compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Seek feedback from learners, colleagues and relevant others to support quality improvements in teaching and learning.
- Continually update own knowledge and skills as a teaching professional and a subject specialist.
- Use aggregated assessment data to review and develop own and others' practices and to report emerging gaps in progression and achievement amongst groups of learners.
- Support organisational development and quality improvement interventions.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject/professional area and co-operate in any staff development activities required to effectively carry out the duties of the post and to participate in review and development schemes.
- Comply with college safeguarding procedures, including the promotion of the welfare of children and vulnerable adults studying at the college and commitment to the college child protection policy.
- Comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Reflect on and maintain knowledge of educational/professional research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strongest relationships.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a positive image of the college.
Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.