Apprentice IT Support Technician
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term contract for up to 2 years, with a view to progression on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Salary: National Minimum Wage for age (see below)
16 - 20 years old = £12,656 per annum
21 - 22 years old = £16,129 per annum
23 years old and over = £17,190 per annum
Location: Wakefield City Campus and across the group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is organised, has a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail and would like to make IT their chosen career path.
As a member of the dedicated and professional IT Services team, you will follow a development programme which will give you a broad range of experience over the period of your apprenticeship. You will work as part of a team who provide first and second line IT support to users throughout the College, resolving technical problems to ensure a high standard of performance of IT facilities within the College.
As an Apprentice IT Support Technician, you should have:
- GCSE grade A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- GCSE grade A* - C in ICT or equivalent
- Knowledge of hardware, especially PCs and printers
- A willingness to undertake the IT apprenticeship / qualification*
*To be able to undertake this apprenticeship you must not already hold a Level 3 or higher IT qualification, as this will be undertaken as part of the Apprenticeship.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- You will get to learn whilst you earn
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 31 May 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 6 June 2022
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.