Teacher, English (Variable Hours) (Fixed term) (Ref: LCC3340)
Fixed Term Contract until July 2023
WHAT WE DO
The School of Sport Science and Exercise offers full-time study programmes targeted at 16-18 and 19+ learners as well as apprenticeship programmes targeted at 16+ learners. Study programmes range from Level 1 to Level 3, covering both vocational and academic pathways into further study, HE, employment and/or apprenticeship programmes. The department’s adult provision includes both Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications in the sport, health and fitness sector. We are a large team of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff who ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to come and join our academic team in the delivery of our GCSE English provision for our Sport students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and/or vocational area.
- Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- Create SMART targets, record and monitor progress against them.
- Implement positive interventions where needed, for students undertaking identified modules.
- Apply theoretical understanding of effective practice in teaching, learning and assessment drawing on research and other evidence.
- Consider and employ the most effective delivery methods, including blended learning and technology-enhanced learning.
- Carry out internal verification duties in line with quality assurance processes.
- Undertake review processes to develop and improve identified course(s).
- Implement evidence-based strategies to ensure high levels of retention, achievement, success and attendance for identified cohorts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Contribute to the marketing of courses, learner IAG and enrolment processes.
- Participate in student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Maintain and actively engage in quality and professional standards.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the College’s examination process.
- Ensure that effective Induction programmes are delivered for learners.
- Holds a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE).
- Relevant highest level qualification or degree.
- Inspire, motivate and engage the next generation of sport and fitness professionals.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and strong relationships.
- Role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful. Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
For more information please contact:
- Clayton Stott
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.