Associate Lecturer in Media and Games
We have a great opportunity based at across our Corby and Kettering campus for a Associate Lecturer in Media and Games to become a key member of our Performing Arts department.
As a Associate Lecturer in Media and Games, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing to developments within the Programme Area/Centre.
- Contributing to curriculum development and course leadership where appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of working with a wide range of professional activities in Games Design and Developmentand recent experience as a teacher, trainer or instructor, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree and/or vocational training at an equivalent level in a relevant subject
- Willingness to work towards Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 19.5 hours per week
- Start date: 24th August 2022
- End date: 30th June 2023
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.