Business Engagement Team Leader (LUM99)
WHAT WE DO
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a strong record of accomplishment and can lead a Business Engagement Team to rapidly grow Apprenticeship/Work-Based, Full-Cost and Commercial provision across key LEP priority areas at Leeds City College. The successful candidate must be solutions-focussed, target-driven and have experience at developing strong employer relations. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team to source new business leads, apprenticeship sales and working effectively with existing and prospective employers to quickly grow our work-based portfolio and business areas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to market and sell apprenticeship opportunities and services, have lots of energy, a natural can-do attitude and be confident in negotiating and writing apprenticeship contracts.
- Provide effective leadership for the Business Engagement Advisors , monitoring, management and improvement of business engagement resulting in recruitment of apprentices.
- Maintaining robust processes and oversight that initiate interventions to grow apprenticeships.
- Ensure the team provide business ‘A Great Start’ throughout the process and have clear understanding and expectations in relation to the apprentice and the apprenticeship standard.
- Experience of leading a sales/ business development team.
- Experience of developing new business to achieve growth in employer responsive provision.
- Understanding of employers needs in relation to skills gaps, recruitment and workforce development.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.