Lecturer in English (Corby)
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Lecturer in English to become a key member of our Maths and English department.
As a Lecturer in English, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing English on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing GCSE English courses and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent or willingness to achieve
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeshi, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, see Level 5 Apprenticeship document.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £26,000 - £32,640 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 45 days per annum (including public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 14th and 15th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.