Pastoral Mentor - Maternity Cover
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus for a Pastoral Mentor to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form department.
As a Pastoral Mentor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting students through delivering individual support to help them stay on-programme and to achieve their potential moving on to positive destinations such as higher education, apprenticeships or employment
- Providing pastoral support to students within the colleges you are assigned to; to ensure, retention, attainment, achievement and progression targets and provide appropriate intervention/support to raise standards and maintain high expectations
- Working with the Head of Department, Course Manager, parents, teaching team and relevant external agencies to ensure maximum student progression
- Actively promoting the College safeguarding agenda and act as a point of support for students
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in a further education or related setting and knowledge and awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round education to include qualifications at Level 3
- Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards Level 2 Safeguarding and Youth Mental Health First Aid qualification
- Willingness to work towards becoming a designated safeguarding lead
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services - End date 30th June 2023
- 37 hours per week (0.89696 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
- £22,0000 per annum, pro rata for part-time
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 20th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.