Creative Industries Technician - Music
Hours of work: 25.9 hours per week. Working pattern will vary to reflect the needs of the department.
Location: Wakefield City Campus
Are you an enthusiastic and skilled Technician with a background in Music? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity available for a Technician to join our Creative Industries department where you will support our music courses and contribute to the development and maintenance of our growing range of music programmes.
As a Technician, you will support both staff and students within the Creative Industries department with your focus being within the Music department. You will help co-ordinate the timely preparation of materials and equipment for practical work. You will also ensure that the studio areas, music technology suites and rehearsal rooms conform to current Health and Safety requirements / professional standards and carry out routine maintenance and PAT testing of equipment.
We are looking for someone who has up-to-date industry knowledge, a passion for music, technology and education and is confident in music technology software operation. You will also have an understanding of the production of live and recorded music.
You will join a committed and supportive team, who have a range of interests and skills and a passion for the Creative Industries.
So, if this opportunity sounds like something you’re interested in, then why not apply…
To find out more about our Music curriculum and the courses we offer visit: www.wakefield.ac.uk/music
As a Creative Industries Technician, you should:
- Have previous experience of working as a technician within the Creative Industries or a relevant post
- Have a background of working in the Live sound / music sector
- Hold GCSE grade A*- C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have experience of Health and Safety procedures including PAT testing and Risk Assessments
- Have a good understanding of equipment associated with popular music and music technology
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 27 May 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 20 June 2022
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.