Architect Technician (DC060)
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates and Capital Projects comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between them they service the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group; As well as undergoing a significant restructure to enable future growth and address much needed change, the directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support a wide range of estates and capital projects works.
- Work with the design manager and wider estates and capital projects teams to create drawings using AutoCAD and using packages such as Photoshop to create visuals and concept designs to support internal and external approvals to at least RIBA Stage 2 initially and RIBA Stage 4 if works to be carried out in house.
- Undertake Designer duties (CDM 2015) and create design risk registers.
- Support the Directorate discharge its client duties under CDM.
- Review of design information produced to enable compliance with building regulations and planning requirements.
- Liaise with other internal departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Facilities and the Construction team.
- Organise and prepare detailed design drawing packages, schedules, reports and information suitable for issue to Building Regulation and Tender and Construction purposes.
- Assist in writing project and elemental specifications.
- Prepare concept design for client up to RIBA stage 2 to enable internal governance and project approval for capital projects works.
- You must have an Architectural discipline qualification or similar
- It would be desirable if you are working towards or have a desire to obtain RIBA/ CIAT or similar professional qualification.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge and understanding of Buildings and the legislative framework surrounding projects works.
- It would be desirable if you had knowledge of the construction design and management regulations, understanding of the statutory applications required as part of Construction works and knowledge of construction works within buildings containing asbestos.
- Also desirable would be knowledge and understanding of the drawings and change control process and some previous experience of use in drawing packages in applications such as AutoCAD
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Mike Diaz on Michael.Diaz@leedscitycollege.ac.uk
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.