Accounts Payable Supervisor (Ref: LUM96)
WHAT WE DO
The post holder will provide supervisory leadership and management to the group’s accounts payable function to ensure the delivery of a customer focussed responsive and quality administrative service whilst ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of accounts payable invoices and credit notes. In particular, the post holder will have overall responsibility for the payment of all goods and services procured, and purchased by the group.
The post holder will establish and maintain close working professional relationships with the accounts receivable supervisor of all key supplier accounts. The post holder will, at all times, comply with Luminate group financial regulations and procedures and maintain a proactive and diligent approach to fraud awareness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Line management of the accounts payable team including participating in and implementing the group’s appraisal procedures to ensure the provision of appropriate development opportunities for all team members.
- Prioritise the daily workload of team members to ensure the efficient, accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices, credit notes and payments.
- Perform weekly BACS payment runs for group organisations and verify that all proposed payments are valid, providing appropriate assurance that no duplicate payments are made.
- Perform monthly review of aged creditors and take appropriate action with regard to debit balances to provide appropriate assurance that debit balances are investigated, and cleared in a timely manner.
- Act as the point of contact for the accounts payable team for all internal and external audits.
- Deputise for the Transactional Services Manager as required.
- Use initiative
- Highly organised
- Effective communicator
- Good IT skills
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.