Looked After Support Officer x 2 positions
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Recruiting for two full time posts - fixed term until July 2023
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, proactive team? We are pleased to be recruiting for two Looked-After Support Officers to join the Safeguarding Team. The post is a brand new position, so we are looking for someone excited, motivated and can use initiative to drive this position forward
You will be organised, motivated and ready for a challenge in this role. You will demonstrate excellent organisational skills, applying professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information. You will be able to work closely with learners who are Looked-After or Care Experienced and provide appropriate advice, guidance and mentoring.
Primary duties include:
- Managing a case load of Looked After or Care Experienced Learners
- Attend multi-agency meetings such as PEPs and LAC reviews
- Liaising with relevant schools, social workers and other agencies to manage transition Looked Afters Learners
- Attend meetings with local authorities to share information appropriately
- Identify looked after learners at risk of not achieving and implement effective support plans
- Provide mentoring and progression support for Looked After Learners to support them to achieve their goals
- Refer and signpost learners for additional support internally and externally
- Travel across different campuses to meet 1:1 with learners who may require support or advocacy
If you think that you have the relevant skills and capabilities, we would love to hear from you.
The Safeguarding Team is a small team which makes up part of the Student Wellbeing Directorate. We have a range of safeguarding officers and administrators and take an active role in the delivery of wellbeing and enrichment opportunities across the college.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Lauren Tubby (Lead Safeguarding Officer) on 07971109827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews/assessments are planned for Monday 30th May
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.