Course Manager in Brickwork
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Course Manager in Brickwork to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As a Course Manager in Brickwork, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms with in brickwork to Level 3, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations for the main programme, additional, GCSE, functional or basic skills
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are, enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students and experience and up to date knowledge of current Brickwork Qualifications., alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent qualification in Brickwork
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
- Assessor Award
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £32,641 - £41,616 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.