IT Infrastructure Engineer (Datacentre)
Morley College London aims to have a workforce that is as reflective of the diverse population that it serves. The College particularly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and disabled people who are currently under-represented within the College at this level.
About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to join Morley College London’s IT Services Team, as we embark on the next phase of our Digital Transformation Strategy.
With innovative use of technology underpinned by effective information security, we are transforming services to deliver our vision of being a leading London college, where learning together excites ambition and enables achievement.
A key part of our digital transformation is the recruitment of an experienced IT Services Infrastructure Engineer (Datacentre) to provide secure, modern and adaptive datacentre services, supporting effective use of technology, across each College centre and in the cloud.
Working closely with a range of colleagues across our centres, as well as key external partners, the role will be responsible for the availability, configuration and development of the College’s datacentre infrastructure, in support of our strategic goals.
We are seeking an individual able to demonstrate strong Microsoft and VMware infrastructure skills, with a track record of delivering services in a hybrid, multi-centre environment.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience of working to ITIL Framework best practice and ISO 27001.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff.
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24 hour confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
Closing date: 10.00am 10th June 2022
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check.
Please apply via the link