Teacher of Maths (LCC3260)
3 days left
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds College as a Teacher of Maths in our Outstanding (OFSTED Feb 2018) 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy, 14+ P-TECH Academy and 14+ ESOL Academy). We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented and ambitious individual to deliver the Maths curriculum to our learners. The post holder will work closely with existing staff to cultivate and develop an already outstanding part of the college. Must have relevant teaching qualifications and experience with KS4 learners.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Effectively manage the delivery of creative, modern, active learning for each individual student within your class including appropriate support where necessary.
- Rigorously monitor student attendance and punctuality and make appropriate interventions where necessary.
- Deliver initial assessment and induction of learners and to ensure assessment procedures throughout the course inform the students of their current progress.
- Ensure that teaching and learning environments maximise students outcomes and achievements, including success and retention.
- Ensure your own personal development and continuously demonstrate a commitment towards further professional development including the application of new technologies and pedagogy to improve the effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment materials and resources.
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery with Key Stage 4
- Recent experience of delivery in Secondary School sector
- Relevant teaching experience in subject area across a range of abilities and at key stage 4
- Experience of managing student progression
- You will be committed to Professional development
- You will be committed to delivering outstanding performance and teaching and learning
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.