Head of Department - Land Based Studies
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth College campus for a Head of Department to become a key member of our Land Based department. This comprises higher education courses across all land-based areas (agriculture, animal science and outdoor adventure) and outdoor adventure further education provision.
As a Head of Department, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading the management of all aspects of the operation and development of the Department working within the College’s management framework to deliver high quality learning programmes with high levels of student success and an unbeatable student experience
- Proactively contributing to achieving the College’s Strategic Plan
Our ideal candidates will have relevant work experience in the Land Based sector to underpin subject leadership with credibility and authority and recent experience of successful management/ team leadership in Further and Higher Education, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 days per annum (including public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 9th June 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.