Lecturer in Countryside Management
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Lecturer in Countryside Management to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Lecturer in Countryside Management, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To prepare, deliver and assess a range of Further Education countryside and fisheries based subjects
- To undertake course administration as necessary including learner registration, assessment planning, exams entry and leadership of the wildlife, countryside and fisheries study programme.
- To contribute to developments within the Programme Area/Centre.
- To contribute to curriculum development and course leadership where appropriate.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience in the Countryside / Fisheries or Land Based industry and experience as a teacher, trainer or instructor, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree of equivalent in a related land based subject.
- Level 3 vocational qualification in, Countryside or Fisheries management or related equivalent Land Based qualification.
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeshi, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, see Level 5 Apprenticeship document.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 14th June 2022.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.