Engineering Lecturer (HE)
6 days left
- Full Time
Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington & Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Full Time, permanent HE Engineering Lecturer (Electrical & Electronics)The successful candidate will be primarily based at Accrington & Rossendale College but will be required to travel across sites.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Teaching on HE Engineering programmes with a particular focus upon electrical/electronic subject specialisms delivering effective learning for students’
- Planning and preparing a high-quality learning experience, including for delivery online, as required.
- Developing and sharing resources for the subject including maintaining effective links across College.
- Ensuring assessment is planned, set and carried out to the highest standard and follows externally set undergraduate regulations.
- Maintaining a comprehensive, up to date, programme, student/subject records and provide information, as and when requested.
- Engaging in curriculum development and planning activities, individually and as a member of the HE Division.
- Being responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the subject and liaise with the HE Engineering Curriculum Leader, the HE Office/Registry, external examiners and partner awarding bodies, as appropriate.
- Ensuring close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning HE students.
What We Are Looking For:
- A good or better degree in an Engineering related subject or appropriate professional qualification (subject specialisms in Electrical & Electronics disciplines)
- A higher degree (MA/MSc/Mphil) or PhD or willingness to pursue.
- Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
- Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Engineering/Electrical/ Electronic)
- Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the higher education curriculum successfully and delivering high quality outcomes for students
What We Offer in Return:
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
- Fantastic family friendly policies
- Free on-site parking on all College sites
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website
Please apply via the link