Work Experience and Placement Officer
21.6 per week (0.6) (to include some evenings and occasional weekends)
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
The Chelsea Centre for the Creative Industries is seeking a Work Experience & Placement Officer to support the development of the centre and careers and employability provision.
This role will work closely with the centre lead on employability and develop a work experience and placements activity that aligns with the centre’s vocational focus. They will lead on the development of highly effective external relationships with industry and community organisations and will develop productive & collaborative relationships with academic colleagues, students, and professional services.
You will have an undergraduate degree and confidence in the industry sector that this centre serves. You will be thrilled by the opportunity to work in a specialist centre, collaborating with a community of creative individuals.
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. At Morley College London, we provide programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at Chelsea and North Kensington with the Chelsea Centre becoming a leading institution for skills education in the Creative Arts and Industries.
Morley College London aims to have a workforce that is as reflective of the diverse population that it serves. The College particularly encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities and disabled people who are currently under-represented within the College.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
CVs will not be considered.
If you have any queries regarding recruitment or the application process, please email HR on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7450 1801.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th May 2022 at 10.00 am
Interview Date: Wednesday 8th June 2022
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.