Procurement Officer (LUM93)
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
The post holder will offer a customer focussed responsive and quality administrative service whilst ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of purchasing transactions. In particular, the post holder will support the Head of Procurement and Procurement Manager in the maintenance of the supplier database, the contracts register, raising of orders and records regarding tender processes. The post holder will at all times comply with Luminate Education Group (the Group’s) Financial Regulations and Procedures and maintain a pro-active and diligent approach to fraud awareness. The post holder will be an employee of Leeds City College within the Group.
WHAT YO WILL DO
- Support and assist the Head of Procurement and Procurement Manager with their day to day duties.
- Maintain the Supplier Database within the Financial System, processing requests for new suppliers for the Luminate Education Group, administering changes in bank details, reducing supplier duplication and ensuring that suppliers' financial and other information is accurate and authentic.
- Assist with the creation and processing of requisitions for goods and services ensuring that the value for money processes prescribed within the Financial Regulations are followed.
- Administer processes for conversion of requisitions into purchase orders and their distribution to suppliers.
- Advise and assist budget holders with processes for obtaining quotations for the supply of goods and services and with decision-making about acceptance of quotations.
- Undertake Purchasing Card transactions where appropriate for the purchase of goods, travel and services in support of college operations where budget holders do not have access to departmental cards with adequate expenditure limits.
- Ensure cardholders complete Purchasing Card monthly transaction records, verify receipts and match transactions to appropriate expenditure accounts and cost centres in order to support the cost allocation process.
- Take account of the Group's Purchasing Policy in relation to all purchasing and supplier relationship activities.
- Contribute to the annual programmes of procurement performance and service improvements and value for money reviews.
- A recognised qualification at Level 3 in a CIPS or similar, or the ability to demonstrate experience/knowledge of the procurement function.
- Literacy and numeracy at Level 2 or equivalent.
- Experience working within the finance function.
- Familiar with Agresso Business World finance package or a comparable complex finance system.
- Knowledge of the Group’s Financial Regulations and Financial Procedures.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office systems and databases, (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience of commercial relationships between purchasers and suppliers.
- Experience of web-based procurement.
- Continually exudes optimism and a “can do” attitude.
For more information please contact:
Mike Fanoiki Group Head of Procurement
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.