Internal Communications Assistant (Internship)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford or Kettering campus for a Internal Communications Assistant (Internship) to become a key member of our Marketing department.
As a Internal Communications Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisting the Corporate Communications Manager to implement a brand new digital internal communications platform, Poppulo across The Bedford College Group. This will include producing weekly all staff news summaries to share across the Group.
- Carrying out actions within the intranet development plan in a timely manner and provide daily support to staff across the Group including training to enable staff to use the system to its full capability.
- Carrying out a review of the staff newsletter and create an improvement plan suggesting innovative ways to engage with staff from across The Bedford College Group and then carry out actions in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Corporate Communications Manager to measure analytics and carry out evaluation activities on internal communications platforms used across the Group to identify ways each can be improved.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of uploading content to websites or intranets and experience of writing articles for the web and e-communications, alongside the following qualifications:
- Graduate/ working towards a degree in PR, Marketing, English Language, Journalism or relevant subject
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services - Fixed Term Contract - End date 30/06/2023
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, pro rata
- £18,278 per annum, pro rata
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 27th May 2022
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.