Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Animal Sciences
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Lecturer in Animal Sciences to become a key member of our Animal Sciences department.
As a Lecturer in Animal Sciences, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels within Animal Science.
- Providing a high-quality learning experience which supports students to achieve success.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of current issues and developments within the animal care sector and experience within the animal sector, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree Level Qualification in relevant subject
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education or equivalent
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeshi, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, see Level 5 Apprenticeship document.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £20,910 - £31,323 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 45 days per annum (including public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 6th June 2022.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.