Head of Computing and Digital Industries
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £50,857 - £53,949 per annum, this salary range includes a Market Forces payment, accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced / exceptional candidate. To be discussed at interview / offer stage.
- Location: Based at the Wakefield City Campus, but required to work across all campus sites (Castleford, Selby and Wakefield)
About the College Group:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Curriculum for Computing and Digital Industries to join our team. It is an exciting time to join us following our recent merger with Selby College, which forms part of the Heart of Yorkshire Education Group which comprises of Selby College, Wakefield College and Castleford Campus.
As a Head of Curriculum, you will have responsibility for the areas of Computing & Digital Industries which are renowned for strong teaching and learning. We are proud to have helped develop many students from these areas into successful professional careers across the district.
The current Head of Curriculum has recently been promoted and leaves a thriving department with a team of professional and passionate teachers. For you, it offers the chance to take hold of this success and mould it to mirror the future needs for the Group.
About the role:
You’ll be a key member of the senior leadership team, operating in a role that will include strategic responsibilities. Specifically, this will involve:
- Leading the strategic growth and development of the curriculum, ensuring quality improvement measures are firmly embedded
- Actively promoting a high-performance culture and ethos, aimed at delivering strong levels of engagement and an environment of continuous improvement amongst all colleagues
- Developing a high-quality curriculum offering across all levels of programmes and courses, enabling meaningful progression routes for learners and the provision of an excellent student experience
- Positively supporting and ensuring the implementation of the Group’s strategic plan, key strategies and initiatives
More about you:
Already a qualified teacher, who’s progressive, adaptable, and currently operating at a managerial level, you should have a proven track record of leading teams in the successful achievement of challenging targets. In addition, we’re looking for:
- The ability to establish a culture of high expectations and high performance amongst staff and students alike, leading to excellent standards of teaching and learning and positive learner experience
- A strategic outlook and the necessary know-how to accurately assess the quality of teaching and learning through direct observation and other measures
- A passion for helping people achieve their potential and progress to further studies or employment
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you.
See what we have to offer and come join us.
- Generous Annual Leave
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 20 May 2022
Assessment day: Wednesday 8 June 2022
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.