Lecturer in Business
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £26,018 - £27,585 per annum (Unqualified). £30,136 - £33,911 per annum (Qualified)
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful, friendly and supportive teaching team within Wakefield College. As a Lecturer in Business, you will teach across a range of Further Education courses in the Business provision and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the broader department. The role will primarily support and deliver on our BTEC provision, but you will also be involved in establishing our exciting new Business Management & Administration T-Level programme.
As a Lecturer in Business, you will pass on your experience, knowledge and skills to our students in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes that can lead to successful employment or further study.
As a Lecturer in Business, you should:
- Have a degree in a relevant subject area
- Have experience as a teacher/lecturer in Business in Further Education
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- An up-to-date knowledge of a range of related subjects such as the Business Environment, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Business Law, International Business, Ethics, Retail and Visual Merchandising
- Confidence in developing and managing an exciting curriculum for our students
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- A willingness to collaborate with employers to help prepare our students for employment and future roles within the Business sector
See what we have to offer and come and join us.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 16 May 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 25 May 2022
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.