Trainer Assessor - Early Years and Teaching Assistants
We have a great opportunity based at across our campuses in Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire for a Trainer Assessor (known internally to us as a Training Coordinator) to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department supporting Early Years and Teaching Assistants.
As a Training Coordinator (Trainer Assessor), you will play a pivotal role in the success of our colleges and their students through:
- coordinating training for workbased provision
- delivering and assessing knowledge and competence components for apprentices and work based learners
- ensuring that tracking systems for workbased learners are updated regularly and accurately
- establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom based tutors to ensure regular communication about performance and progress
Our ideal candidates will have up to date knowledge and undertsanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS, 2021) including taking responsibility of any alterations or reviews of the Early Years Sector, alongside demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing.
Candidates will need to be qualified to Level 3 in a relevant qualification and hold TAQA Level 3 or be willing to achieve this or already working towards.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 20 hours per week (0.54054 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- from £26,010 per annum, pro rata for part-time
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.