We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Agricultural Engineer to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Agricultural Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Maintaining a high standard of professional presentation at the machinery centre and provide a high-quality learning environment for students.
- Communicating effectively and work proactively as part of a team.
- Providing technical support in workshop, classroom and practical working areas at Shuttleworth including the machinery centre, walled garden, college farm and agronomy.
- Overseeing practical work areas and set up, maintain and care for land-based resources and facilities in particular those in the workshop and powered machinery provision.
Our ideal candidates will have relevant experience in workshop and equipment maintenance and knowledge of machinery used in agricultural and horticultural operations, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 qualification in a land based or engineering subject
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A – D or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake additional training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- £20,808 - £30,865 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.