Sixth Form Lecturer, Geography (Part-Time) (LCC3313)
7 days left
- Part Time
Part-Time - 22.2 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
Leeds Sixth Form College prides itself on its students’ journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background. Leeds Sixth Form College offers a range of A level subjects and is committed to providing an exceptional experience, with outcomes to match. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to teach Geography A level.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress, motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximize their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of online learning resources for identified modules.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities for identified modules.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules.
- You will hold an Honours Degree in Geography or a relevant subject.
- Relevant experience in teaching these to 16-18 year-olds up to level 3
- Hold or working towards a recognised teaching qualification
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Dr David Kilham
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.