Interim Student Engagement Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
Provide effective leadership across the Faculty in the co-ordination, monitoring, management and improvement of student attendance and engagement. Maintaining robust processes and oversight that initiate interventions that improve attendance, retention and achievement.
Ensure learners receive ‘A Great Start’ at induction and have clear understanding and expectations in relation to their development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Support the Head of Faculty to maximise income and cost effectiveness within the area and ensure that the use of resources in the area meets the needs and demands of the college strategic direction and financial imperatives.
Lead the Faculty in improving attendance and engagement through robust interrogation and management of KPI’s and implementation of meaningful interventions and support actions and close working with Programme Leaders (PLs).
Work collaboratively with Maths & English, ALS, Welfare and safeguarding Departments, CEIAG, Safety & Engagement – providing clear direction and leadership at all times.
- Sufficient experience of identifying and managing safeguarding support needs and engaging with support teams and key stakeholders.
- Recent experience (within 4 years) of working in high school or College.
- Good understanding of learner and guardian needs and a track record of developing and delivering a high-quality provision.
- Experience of successfully managing changes to practices, process and delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of young people’s support needs and cognitive behaviours.
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritise work to achieve timescales at self/team and cross college level.
- Proven experience to use IT and data to support planning and forecasting activities.
- Experience of managing customer complaints and resolving in a timely and professional manner
- Proven experience of analysing data and KPIs to improve quality and identify issues and areas of risks within the area.
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear strategic plan of how we will do achieve this. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College has a great range of further education. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and has had £40m put into our redevelopment to make sure we are up to the highest of standards.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Joining our journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.