Administrative and Project Assistant, Fixed Term (LCC3190)
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
We directly deliver services to students - safeguarding, mental health and wellbeing are at the centre of what we do - and we work closely with curriculum departments to support development of staff, who support students. We strive to help students overcome barriers to social mobility and build the skills and resilience they need to succeed in life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will provide administrative and project support to the Student Life team, with a specific focus on safeguarding, wellbeing, health, behaviour, care experience and restorative practice
- Producing reports
- Contributing to the development of systems and processes to continually improve services
- Undertaking a range of general administration duties
- Sourcing quotes and raising purchase orders, including tracking and monitoring of spending, complying with college financial regulations
- You will have a passion for improving the lives of our students
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to relate to staff and students
- Able to work flexibly and without direct supervision
- Good IT Skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of extracting and analysing data and producing reports
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.