Trainer Assessor Hair and Barbering
You will operate within an employer focussed/skills for work framework offering initial assessment, on-going assessment and advisory services to a caseload of work-based NVQ learners.
Promote a professional image at all time and ensure excellence in the standard of service offered to all customers in line with the industry/department/college values, and promote and provide excellent customer service internally and externally in all areas of the role.
You will ensure that each learner has a detailed individual skills scan; have the opportunities to develop SKB relevant to their job role, in all cases, the approach is training based and not assessment only based; and each learner is supported to build a high-quality portfolio and are supported to achieve high grades at EPA.
Record and track each learner through to successful gateway completion, and provide support, encouragement and advice to learners. Provide frequent reports on the progress of each learner in accordance with appropriate reporting structure for operational/strategic meetings.
You should be a motivated and experienced assessor/trainer who has a proven track record of providing learning and assessment in this sector.
- Relevant occupational qualification to NVQ Level 3, or equivalent.
- Assessor Qualification
- Quality Assurance qualification (must achieve this within 2 years of commencement in post) PTLLS qualification (must achieve this within 2 years of commencement in post)
- Knowledge or experience of delivering work-based assessment services.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Experience and identifying employer training needs to develop new and maintain existing business.
The role will require you to embed and work to the College’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.