4 days left
- Part Time
variable hours contract £28.57 per hour – to teach on a Friday from September 2022
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries.
Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified, Floristry tutor, to teach on our City and Guilds accredited provision, on Friday daytimes (from Sept 2022) at our Pimlico site. There is also the possibility of future teaching on our full cost courses, in the evenings and/or Saturdays. You need to inspire and provide a transformative education to our adult learners (19+) from in and around London.
You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments on our floristry provision, and monitoring learner’s performance with opportunities to support them. You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, inspired, complete their work in a timely manner, and excel in achievement.
Creative Industries at WAES is a very dynamic and growing department over three sites in Westminster, predominantly teaching accredited courses at levels 1, 2 and 3, and an increasing amount of full cost short courses.
- Designing resources for and delivering to our adult learners, in line with curriculum and qualification requirements ensuring our learners are inspired, challenged and achieve.
- Supporting the ceramics curriculum where required for example, course advice and guidance for prospective learners, open days, end of year show.
- Summative and formative assessments as part of the learners' journey
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reporting
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders and fellow creative arts staff,
- Ensuring an ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning experience including Individual Learning Plans and quality assurance implementation and feedback.
- Relevant experience and industry knowledge of contemporary floristry practice
- Experience of teaching adults on accredited courses (City and Guilds experience desirable)
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of learners across mixed abilities to ensure their successful progression and achievement
- Level 4 or above qualification in the subject area
- You must have a teaching qualification at Level 3 or above
- Commitment to outstanding teaching and the learner experience
- Commitment to your own professional development
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 23 May 2022.
Interviews will be held on Friday 10 June 2022 on site. Shortlisted candidates must be available to attend on this day.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/1095
To apply for this post, please complete the WAES Application Form and EO Monitoring Form from our website.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Please apply via the link