Working Week: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Total hours per week: 30
Philip Barker Landscapes offers a wealth of experience in the construction of basic domestic structures and extensions through to complete build. You will assist qualified trades people with aspects of brickwork. The knowledge and work experience you will gain will allow you to achieve the brickwork qualification.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will learn and be fully trained to undertake all aspects of the role:
- Assist qualified tradespersons laying and shaping bricks/blocks
- Working accurately from detailed plans and specifications
- Constructing arches and ornamental brickwork
- Repairing and maintaining building blocks
- Use of powered hand tools and other necessarily site work equipment
- Carry out basic trade instructions, read and interpret drawings
- To work effectively as part of a team and with other trades as require
- Mixing Mortar
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Brickwork
End Point Assessment (EPA)
Functional Skills (if required)
You will be required to attend college one day per week at our Construction Training Centre, Waterfront Business Park, Brierley Hill, DY5 1LX
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time bricklayer (on completion of apprenticeship)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Eagerness to learn, Punctual, Reliable, Motivated
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.