Trainer/Assessor - Carpentry
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford and Corby campuses for an Trainer / Assessor for Carpentry courses.
Known internally as a Training Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Completing in depth, effective & accurate initial assessment of all learners on caseload and review progress against this initial assessment throughout the programme.
- Co-ordinating all aspects of the apprenticeship journey from end to end for Carpentry. Including, but not limited to, induction, delivery, assessment of progress and deployment of integrated programmes of competence-based training.
- Providing coaching and mentoring support to learners to ensure the successful and timely completion of their apprenticeship standard/framework.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of recent developments in training, assessing and verifying and knowledge & understanding of standards of the NOCN awarding body, associated to the role, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- A1 Assessor qualification or Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance (TAQA) Award or willingness to achieve
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
No assessor qualification, but significant industry or subject knowledge? Not a problem. If you do not hold the relevant assessors qualification, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group we will enrol you on a Level 4 Assessors Apprenticeship, for more information about the apprenticeship and to understand whether the training would be right for you, see Level 4 Apprentice document.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Terms and Conditions
Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Full time, part time or hourly paid associate positions will be considered.
- up to 37 hours per week (FTE 1.0) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days holiday per annum, plus public holidays. (pro rata if part time)
- People's pension
- Free parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.