Teaching Assistant Apprenticeships, Level 3 (Ref: APP281)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
5 x Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Level 3 Apprenticeship Rates:
(16yrs – 17yrs) - £4.92 per hour or £9,492 PA
(18yrs - 20yrs) - £6.86 per hour or £13,235 PA
(21yrs – 22yrs) - £8.66 per hour or £16,707 PA
(23+yrs) - £8.91 per hour or £17,189 PA
Fixed Term contract - 15 to 18 months
The apprenticeship will commence week beginning 19th April 2022.
WHAT WE DO
We offer first class apprenticeship training to enable people who would like to enter a career in education to start that journey as an advanced apprentice Teaching Assistant. We are looking for apprentices who have a passion for learning, are adaptable and keen to progress. We offer opportunities to work with curriculum areas that will support your personal development and broaden your skill set for future opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice you will learn, by working alongside outstanding teachers offering support to young people to achieve their dreams
- Placed initially in either the School of Childhood and Education or the School of Public Services
- Within this setting you will get a firm understanding of classroom dynamics, support methods, differentiation and behaviour management techniques
- You will explore roles that focus on both academic and the pastoral support of students
- Explore some of the activities, classroom settings, staff and our wellbeing dog using our Instagram accounts @lccchildhoodstudies and @lcc_publicservices
Childhood & Education- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhPb-W381g
Public Services- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GEOi_wn9o
- Following an initial settling in period we will support you to find a placement within your subject specialist area
- Access https://leedscitycollege.ac.uk/ and explore the wide range of courses that we offer and the sites within the organisation
- This scheme aims to replicate paid internship, you will be given full access to a range of activities, training and support from your apprenticeship tutor, your vocational team and the college to boost your confidence and skills on this bespoke programme
- Following your apprenticeship other applicants have moved into teaching, mentoring, safeguarding within the college or the wider Luminate Group which includes Leeds 6th Form College, White Rose Academies, Leeds Conservatoire, Harrogate College and Keighley College
- A passion for learning and supporting others to reach their potential
- English and maths at GCSE grade 4 or above (C) or Functional Skills Level 2 English and maths
- Subject specialist qualification at Level 3 or above
Not eligible- Unfortunately if you have any of the following qualifications you are not eligible for this opportunity.
Level 3 or 4 Teaching Assistant, PGCE or any other teaching qualification such as Cert Ed or DTLLS
Please note this role may close earlier than advertised once we receive sufficient applications. Interviews will take place as and when we receive applications. Therefore if you are interested please apply as soon as possible.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.