Mechanical Lecturer and Course Manager
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Mechanical Lecturer and Course Manager to become a key member of our Engineering and Motor Vehicle department.
As a Mechanical Lecturer and Course Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Carrying out, preparing, teaching, and assessing a range of Mechanical Engineering teaching programmes up to level 5 in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department and Director of the area.
- Being successful, you must have a wide range of knowledge in a number of fields, which include Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pumps/Valves, Mechanical Machines / Devices, PLCs, CAD, Mechanical Principles, Mechanical Projects, and Industrial Systems.
- Having the knowledge of Machining, Bench Fitting Technologies, and Maintenance is desirable.
- Being responsible for the course management of EAL VRQ Level 2 – Level 3 and T-Level provisions.
- Supporting the Head of Department and other Course managers in the management of all courses within the Department of Engineering.
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering and Ability to teach on a variety of Engineering pathways from Level 2 – Level 5, alongside the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or above in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent or willingness to achieve.
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics Level 2 within one year
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours holiday per annum, inclusive of public holidays
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.