Student Success & Support Officer
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered, with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
With an expanding course portfolio and growing student body we now require an enthusiastic, hard-working and experienced support professional to join the DGHE team from February/March 2022.
The student journey can sometimes be demanding and stressful, and this combined with the challenges of maintaining a healthy work/study/life balance often means that students require additional support, encouragement and guidance. This can range from helping students understanding integrity within the assessment process and supporting them when issues arise with academic misconduct, to offering pastoral support, information, advice and guidance – all in an effort to ensure the experience and success of the learner.
The post holder will work closely with students and provide information and advice; signpost existing support mechanisms as appropriate; and find solutions to their individual needs.
The Student Success & Support Officer will identify needs using learner analytics and other tools. You will liaise with key stakeholders to help achieve the best possible outcomes and also be expected to robustly evaluate and report on the impact of the support delivered in order to understand the benefits of the work and to ensure that it is appropriately targeted and delivered.
As a Student Success & Support Officer, you will have:
- Experience of working with students from a wide range of backgrounds;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances, working as part of a team and on one’s own initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to interact with students, academics and professional staff;
- Experience of analysing data to understand trends;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent IT skills including data management and manipulation, e.g. using MS Excel and/or MS Access;
Job description and person specification available by following the apply link.