NHS and Healthcare Apprenticeship Recruitment Officer, Fixed Term (Ref: LCC3176)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Fixed Term Contract until 31 December 2023
WHAT WE DO
The Apprenticeship and Business Engagement team is going throw a period of growth. Following the start of collaborative project we are now looking to recruit an Apprenticeship Recruitment Officer who will support the NHS and Healthcare providers in growing their workforce through apprenticeships. The recruitment service is offered to employers as part of the College’s apprenticeship provision and is a free service covering all aspects of the recruitment process. You will also support the promotion and marketing of the College’s employer offer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working in the Apprenticeships Team and you will take responsibility for ensuring NHS and Healthcare providers apprentice vacancies are filled with high calibre candidates and in a timely manner
- Advertise employers’ apprenticeship vacancies via a range of media including the Apprenticeship Service Source candidates via promotional activities, liaising internally with the College Admissions and Curriculum teams and externally such as attending career fairs
- Applicant sifting, checking the eligibility of candidates, reviewing CVs and discussing experience and career aspirations to ensure they meet the criteria Telephone screening, conducting structure telephone interviews and making recommendations to employers
- Arrange interview schedules and prepare applicants interview
- Organise work placement trials where appropriate
- Assist and support the NHS and Healthcare providers with the selection process
- Co-ordinate the enrolment process for the successful applicant and provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates, offering further support and guidance as required
- Maintain tracking systems and provide performance data, reporting any mismatch between supply and demand
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including effective presentation skills
- Flexible approach
- Customer focused
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Computer literate including use of spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to think and plan creatively
- Experience of working in a recruitment environment or NHS Healthcare would be an advantage
- Experience of providing advice and guidance
- An understanding of Apprenticeship qualifications within the health sector would be an advantage
- Experience of using social media is desirable
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.