Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join Morley’s People Operations Team. We are transforming from a traditional HR services function to People Operations, enabling our colleagues to deliver our vision of being a leading London college where learning together excites ambition and enables achievement.
As part of that transformation, we need two experienced HR Administrators to support and promote the improvement of performance and effectiveness of the College through people centred, human resource management practices.
You will be assisting the HR team in providing a professional HR service by providing high quality administrative support for all People Operations related processes including:
- To act as a first point of contact for all queries, including those received by email, through “Ask HR”, face to face and by telephone ensuring that all internal and external customers’ are dealt with promptly, professionally and given accurate information. Then to pass more complex queries to advisers and business partners as appropriate and meeting service standard response times.
- Respond to straightforward policy and process queries, providing appropriate advice and guidance in line with Morley policy, ensuring that urgent items are prioritised and that any issues are highlighted and resolved as quickly as possible; escalate to the HR Manager.
- To ensure hard and soft records are appropriately filed, accurate and kept up to date particularly in relation to recruitment and onboarding, pre employment checks, qualifications, staff development, payroll, change management and leavers.
- Using this information, to maintain the Single Central Record (SCR)
You should hold a Level 3 CIPD Diploma and possess up to date knowledge and understanding of HR best practice with a good understanding of employment law. Experience of using Access, the College’s HRIS System.
You must possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as excellent communication, numerical and inter-personal skills. It is also essential that you are well organised and able to prioritise and schedule your work to meet key deadlines.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
Closing date: 10am, Tuesday, 8th February 2022.
Interviews taking place on: Thursday, 10th February 2022.
Please download the Job Description attached.
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check
Please apply via the link