Teacher of Business and A Level Economics
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford sixth Form campus for a Teacher of Business and A Level Economics to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form Teaching department.
As a Teacher of Business and A level Economics you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Helping students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience
- Undertaking an agreed teaching commitment that develops students’ knowledge, skills and understanding
- Enthusing, engaging and motivating students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
Our ideal candidates will have current experience of teaching A Level Business Studies and Economics and CamTech Business and experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford Sixth Form
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
466.2 hours holiday per annum, inclusive of public holidays
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 23rd February 2022.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.