Location: Birmingham, Leicester and Sheffield
Trent Education Centre is an HE provider based in the East Midlands, engaged in offering FE and HE level courses in collaboration with other funding providers. With head offices in Nottingham TEC also has established campuses in Birmingham, Leicester & Sheffield where the current job openings are available.
You will be working closely with the Head of Academics and respective Campus Managers to deliver teaching and learning. The role involves teaching at HE courses (HND in Business and University programmes) aligned with our teaching and learning strategies. You will also be involved in student support, course material development, assessment, and moderation related activities.
The subjects/modules taught are marketing, accounting, organisational behaviour, entrepreneurship, and management.
Reporting to the Head of Academics, your key responsibilities would be as follows:
- Delivering lectures for HND in Business and other university-level modules (foundation year in business)
- Prepare unit assessments and examinations as appropriate
- Participation in standardisation meetings
- Ensure that attendance registers are done correctly during lectures
- Mark student’s formative and summative assessment submissions
- Regularly monitor VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) for teaching material
- Work in collaboration with the campus administration teams to deliver student induction
- Notify registry and student engagement about any students who require additional support/welfare
- Track the academic journey of students and suggest interventions for support
- Focus on the study skills of students
- Act as a personal tutor for groups of students on advice from the Head of Academics
- Experience with blended teaching models and tools such as Zoom, MS Teams
- A Master’s degree in Business or related subjects
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of teaching similar courses at the UK based FE or HE provider
Please send your cv to HR@Trenteducation.co.uk