Part-time Customer Service and Support Worker - Fixed Term
South Leicestershire College is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a part-time Customer Service and Support Worker – Fixed Term.
Requirements for the role:
- Commitment to teamwork, within the Community Partnerships and Student Experience Directorate and across the wider college
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to use own initiative and work under pressure.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide a courteous and effective front out house service, ensuring the area is presentable, promoting the highest possible standards in customer care and equal opportunities for the benefit of all students and visitors to the organisation.
- To liaise with staff, students, and other customers of the College in a professional manner. Utilising the telephone system, computer systems or dealing with individuals face to face as appropriate.
- To operate the colleges switchboard, ensuring that all incoming calls are answered and forwarded to the relevant department in a timely manner.
The Location: The site is based in Nuneaton. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £12,683 pa (FTE £18,510 pa)
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for all roles at the College.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.
Attachments: Job Description - Download
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.