Casual Estates Operative
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for Casual Estates Operative (Hinckley Based – To cover all sites)
Requirements for the role:
- Flexibility in working hours and preparedness to work alternating shifts.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with students, staff and visitors to the College.
- Willing to travel/work across all College Campus locations when required.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide a locking / unlocking, security service and to patrol regularly internal and external areas and to lock unattended rooms, extinguishing lights and closing windows.
- To operate the Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarms and Closed Circuit Television Systems and to respond to alarm call outs as required.
- To patrol regularly internally and externally and to assist the Duty Officer, College Mangers, Student Liaison staff and Reception staff.
- To meet and greet 3rd Party contractors to site and carry out site inductions.
- To be competent to undertake statutory compliance tasks and record accordingly on the relevant systems.
- To undertake minor general maintenance tasks as reported via the Estates Helpdesk system
- Carry out any ADHOC tasks as they arise to assist the Estates team.
The Location: The College is based in Hinckley, however multi-site working may be required at times at another locations. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is £9.50 RLW + £1.38ph Hol Pay
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.
Attachments: Job Description
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.