Associate Lecturer in Technical and Professional
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an Associate Lecturer in Technical and Professional to become a key member of our Construction and Building Services department.
As an Associate Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms within the Technical and Professional courses to HND level, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
- Monitoring the progress and set aspirational targets for all students in all aspects of their study programme
Our ideal candidates will have experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students and evidence of consistently providing a high performance in previous roles/jobs, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 6 qualification in Construction Management/ Civil Engineering.
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
- Assessor Award
- Verifier Award
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
21 hours per week: Monday 6hrs, Tuesday 6hrs, Wednesday 3hrs, Thursday 6hrs.
Associates work on a short term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.