Accommodation Officer - Maternity Cover
The College is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate with a commitment to providing a safe and supportive environment for our learners staying at The Gables.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the accommodation team that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality service to all of our residents.
The student comes first attitude is essential and you will have experience of working with young people, ideally in an accommodation setting. Your presence will contribute significantly to ensuring that our students feel safe, comfortable and part of The Gables accommodation community at Loughborough College.
The job role will include:
- Assisting in the development, management, co-ordination and organisation of all aspects of the accommodation service.
- Helping ensure high levels of occupancy.
- Ensuring full compliance with health and safety housing and accommodation legislation and college accommodation regulations.
- Organise and implement events and social activities for all residents.
- To work a shift rota, to participate in the call-out rota for the Accommodation Emergency Support and to provide out of hours cover for sickness, holidays and staff shortfalls when required.
We are committed to ensuring a safe and supportive environment for all students. Our safeguarding policy specifically recognises the increased level of vulnerability that arises when students are far from home, away from their normal support network and in an unfamiliar environment. You will play a critical role in our duty of care and support for students both under and over the age of 18.
We are proud to be working towards being an Investors in Diversity organisation. We actively encourage applications who are current under-represented and where we are using positive action under the Equality Act. We welcome everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey. The College is striving to attract, develop and retain the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised.
Alongside our commitment to your professional and personal development, we also offer a generous benefits package including:
- A competitive pension scheme
- On-site parking
- One campus facility
- Subsided nursery fees
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year
- Additional annual leave available
- Fantastic CPD and inclusive resources for development
- Well-being hours
- Opportunities of volunteering within local community and charities
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, agile working, staff forums, staff working groups for sustainability, staff steering groups for Investors in Diversity and support services to support with mental health and wellbeing for staff from different backgrounds.
We are and have consistently invested in providing our learners and employees with an outstanding and unrivalled range of modern facilities and resources.
Overseas candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the post by assessing their circumstances against criteria specified on the Gov website. Please note right to work checks will be completed when the job is offered.
Closing date: 2nd February 2022
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.