Evening General Kitchen Assistant
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for an Evening General Kitchen Assistant to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As an Evening General Kitchen Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to customers and other staff members.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the kitchen and Restaurant facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Presenting a professional image to all customers and presentation and serving of food to an agreed standard.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of Health & Safety procedures in catering environment and knowledge of food preparation and cooking skills, alongside the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of collecting monies through a cash register & PDQ machine
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in customer care
- IT skills Word, Excel and Outlook
- Allergen training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Services
16 hours per week (0.28947 FTE) / 33 weeks per year
Working Pattern: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:45pm to 7pm and Friday 3pm to 7pm.
264 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.