Programme Manager, Apprenticeships (KC750)
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
- We are a developing and growing industry responsive Technology Department.
- We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager, with a potential to develop higher, who will drive our strategic ambitions, growth and quality in apprenticeship programmes.
- You will have the responsibility to lead and manage a team of assessors across a range of programmes.
- We require someone who understands the local and regional industry needs and also has the drive and enthusiasm to support the technology department achieving its goals and aspirations.
- We are a small, growing friendly team and pride ourselves on the importance we attach to well-being as well as academic achievements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To develop, lead and manage a team of assessors to drive improvement across the department and ensure timely achievement of apprenticeships across the Technology department
- To disseminate best practice in assessment processes and internal quality assurance (IQA) across the department and work in partnership with curriculum to drive quality assurance and improvement initiatives.
- To lead on the development of the highest quality assessment practice and standardisation, ensuring compliance with awarding organisation requirements, college policy and procedure, internal and external verification and moderation.
- To be responsible for ensuring systems and processes for monitoring and maximising learner progress, are fit for purpose, well-utilised and accurately reflect assessment practice. To use this to inform and deliver evidence based improvements.
- Have had extensive experience of working with apprenticeship programmes and associated e-portfolios
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team, supportive and focussed.
- Be able to prioritise objectives and work to a deadline.
- Have had experience of line managing team members and also analysing KPIs for a group of learners.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT KEIGHLEY COLLEGE
Keighley College, a highly successful community college is part of the Luminate Education Group. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Keighley College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Debra Granger, Debra.email@example.com
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.