We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Evening Cook to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As an Evening Cook, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisting the Chef Manager with the day to day running of the kitchen, provide nutritious well balanced evening meals and menu plans for residents. You will also be responsible for deputising in the absence of the Chef Manager.
- Assisting the Chef Manager in creating menus for both day time and evenings.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting food to a high standard
Our ideal candidates will have experience of using cooking skills to intensify flavours and enhance the taste and knowledge and experience of using creative skills to enhance plate presentation and buffet presentations, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Kitchen, Larder or Vocational experience. (3+ years of supervisory level.
- Hygiene Qualification at Level 2
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics at Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Services
25 hours per week (0.45230 FTE) / 33 weeks per year
25 days holiday per annum, plus public holidays, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.