Communication & Events Assistant
Grade: APT&C Scale, spine points 17-20
We will normally appoint at the bottom of the salary scale unless the successful candidate has relevant experience relating to the selection criteria over and above what is required.
Hours: 36 hours per week. There may be occasions when the post holder is required to work on evenings and weekends so some flexibility is required.
Location: Waterloo Centre. 61 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7HT The post holder may be required to work at other locations.
About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join Morley’s Communications and Engagement department as you will be working to provide proactive communications, marketing and events support to Morley College London, to advance the college’s profile, reputation and effective engagement with key audiences and stakeholders.
You will support the wider team to achieve agreed engagement targets through the delivery and promotion of a range of events and communications and public relations activities designed to:
- positively promote and raise awareness of Morley College London,
- generate and convert new student leads for recruitment
- retain existing students and enhance the overall student experience.
- Support staff and internal communications to share positive experience across the College
- Support with public relations activity, including events
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an events and marketing environment and have knowledge and experience of planning events for events, communications and/or awareness purposes.
- Excellent writing skills with a proven ability to source copy and articulate messages clearly and concisely
- A proven ability to use initiative and be creative and pro-active to suggest and develop new ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills with the ability to use MS Office software
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Excellent skills in the use of English, with an eye for detail and experience of copywriting, editing and proofreading
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please see the information below.
Please download the Job Description attached.
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and children’s barred list check
Closing date: 10.00am Monday 31 January 2022
Please apply via the link