iLearn Mentor (Part Time) (Reduced Year) (LCC3157)
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Part Time hours of 22.2 per week.
Reduced Year of 40 weeks PA
WHAT WE DO
We are the Independent Learning (ilearn) team for Leeds City College. We are here to support students to develop their independent learning skills and achieve personal goals. We achieve this by offering students the opportunity to develop their independent skills across five disciplines including digital skills, academic skills and future ready skills. We deliver sessions and activities to classes, groups and individuals as required in order to achieve this.
We are wanting someone to join our team in an ilearn Mentor role. The successful candidate will play an integral role in delivering these skills development sessions and activities to students. This role is open to applications for someone to join our Quarry Hill team working in a part time capacity across three days a week across a reduced year.
We are looking for someone who has the experience, confidence and the ability to connect with students, providing the best possible service to support students' skills development. We want to support their learning allowing them to become more independent learners. The impact of the mentors on campus is paramount in supporting students, coaching tutors, teachers and curriculums.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, tailor and deliver sessions in class to students of all abilities to support their studies and development.
- Support and deliver 121 sessions to students to support their studies and development.
- Differentiate the offer of ilearn to curriculums and research and develop your understanding by engaging with the curriculum teams.
- Engage and promote our offer to all departments involved to signpost students to get the best support available.
- Supporting our strategy for growth by consistently reporting and reviewing the progress of students, sessions and performance.
- Review processes and make recommendations for process improvement, making the best use of IT and online systems.
- Have an ability to communicate and engage with stakeholders (students and curriculum staff) at all levels, ensuring relationships are enhanced and collaborative experiences and opportunities are realised.
- Knowledge and extensive experience of skills building supported by the use of technology enhanced learning.
- Knowledge and experience of working with different groups of people to enhance skills and confidence
- Experience of working with colleagues in a cross-departmental / multi-disciplinary delivery role.
- Skilled at influencing and supporting people to achieve the best by stretching and challenging them throughout their development.
- Skilled at creating and appreciating new ideas and perspectives, reviewing progress and achieving improved outcomes.
- Ability to use your own initiative and feedback to improve performance and the success of our sessions and 121 support.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.